John Maynard is uniquely qualified to teach and perform all areas of security and self-defense.
John has completed and mastered martial arts techniques and self-defense moves internationally for over three decades. After Mr. Maynard finished his travels, he settled in Wilmington, North Carolina and opened the first Mixed-Martial Arts Fight School in Southeastern NC. Since residing in North Carolina, John has received the Governor’s Excellence Award for Crime Prevention.
That distinction was well deserved as John Maynard is the only person in the world to have certified black belts under all three World Champions: Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace. John also has extensive training in Israeli hand-to-hand, knife and gun combat. Mr. Maynard is also collapsible baton trained as well as licensed to carry a concealed weapon in NC.
Since 1987, John has been an instructor to law enforcement in weapons and hand-to-hand combat, ground tactic martial arts and combative training.
John Maynard is one of the originators of Kickbox Fitness and has been the personal sparring partner of Joe Lewis for a number of years. John is a certified personal and functional fitness trainer and is American Red Cross CPR and first aid certified.
John Maynard’s other accolades include:
- Sixth Degree Black Belt: Joe Lewis Kickboxing
- Third Degree Black Belt: UFAF Chuck Norris
- First Degree Black Belt: Bill Wallace
- Brown Belt: Melitech Fighting System
- Five Time UFAF Champion
- Two Time Chuck Norris Competitor of the Year
- Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Fight Trainer of the Year
- Founder: Joe Lewis Fighting Systems
- Founder: Champion Martial Arts / Champion Karate / Champion MMA
- Co-Founder: Offensive Strategic Body Defense (OSBD) with Bill Hall
John Maynard takes pride in his personal mission to teach combative techniques in accordance with federal and state regulations to civilians, police and security personnel in order to protect and defend our nation.